HELP I-HEART HELP PEOPLEBy the I-HEART people
1 Jun 2011
You aren’t alone in wanting to make a difference. There are lots of us, passionate to do something to help. Yes, the world is a mess but the Good News is that it can get better. All it takes is a little more unity and Love. So, “I-HEART” exists to help more people; help more people.
And we need your help. GIVE NOW >>
We believe that Love cannot be measured, only demonstrated. Following the global launch of Hillsong UNITED’s film; The I Heart Revolution; We’re All in This Together, through inspiration and raising awareness, in 2010 I-HEART connected thousands of everyday people to avenues and opportunities - both local and global - to do something extraordinary in helping someone else. Because we love; we help. And I-HEART makes helping EASIER.
SO FAR SO GOOD. Right?
In the U.S., with Hillsong UNITED on tour, I-HEART facilitated it’s first This Means Love Food Drive, collecting over $10,000 worth of food when national food bank inventories were dangerously low. Through local partnerships in each city, worshipers were able to unite in voice and heart in meeting the needs of people in their city.
In Sydney, at Hillsong Conference, where hundreds of towels and shoes where collected to be distributed to the local homeless population, through partnership, overwhelming delegate generosity and proceeding online donations:
- 2196 families of 5 were be delivered one month of life saving food through World Vision Australia and the UN Food Programme
- 2 water projects will be built, servicing two whole communities in Africa through charity: water
- 5 houses will be rebuilt in Bangladesh after natural disaster through Compassion Australia
- 277 street children in Mumbai were clothed through Vision Rescue, providing protection from the vulnerability of nakedness
- Life saving equipment will be purchased in Uganda to process blood, so Doctors can correctly diagnose in order to correctly treat 15,000 people per year through Watoto
- 174 locally produced desks and chairs were given to “untouchable” Dailit students in India, literally lifting them off the floor to learn with dignity through Operation Mobilization.
- And 13 women will be represented in court to prosecute their traffickers, creating precedent, altering whole national justice systems to protect human rights through A21.
While these results would be difficult to achieve in isolation, with your help, the I-HEART film has become more than an inspiring call to action. Using social media and international gatherings of the Church, because of grace, unity and partnership, I-HEART has become a movement of people helping people; making a significant difference to the lives of thousands.
GIVE NOW >>
We’re all in this together. Together we are better.